Wednesday 30 January 2013

Freezer Meals

Well I did manage to rearrange things from my last post - so I can at least get into the craft room. It is still a long way off yet. I have heard so much about freezer meals lately so I decided to check it out. Several blogs and recipes later (plus ordering books from the library) I have given it a try. So far I have made several batches of: Chili, Meatloaf, Hamburger Patties, Sheperd's Pie and will be making up the shredded chicken and shredded beef tomorrow in preparation for sandwiches, stews, hot sandwiches and rolls. I managed to get my hands on a Bisquick recipe for mini chicken pot pies that you can freeze. (Definitely trying that one) It said that you can put whatever filling you like into the bisquick, divide it into muffin tins and bake. Let cool, wrap, then freeze. Ready and waiting for those quick meals. I can see the Bisquick mini pizza pies already. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment